The New England Diagnostic and Learning Center is in a period of growth. We are seeking highly qualified and motivated candidates for the following positions:
Special Education Advocate
- Represent the best interests of the student in the educational process.
- Familiarity with the laws and can inform parents of their rights and suggest appropriate special education services and programs to meet the student's individual needs. If need be, she will research a specific legal issue that is central to your case or your Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- A knowledgeable with assessments and reports that he/she can articulate their meaning to parents and explain them with regard to the child's educational needs.
- Prepare for the IEP program meeting - including propose goals and objectives, review supportive evidence and materials, help put concerns and requests in writing, and provide strategies for the IEP meeting.
- Review all special education and section 504 documents, including student files, assessment reports, IEPs and Section 504 Plans.
- Accompany parents to IEP, Section 504, and other school meetings and provide advice and assistance as needed throughout the IEP process.
- Review IEP documents before parent signs them.
- Draft letters and written requests to school and district personnel and draft complaints to school districts and the State Department of Education.
- Empower, inform, guide and educate parents/guardians and students to strengthen their own advocacy skills.
Requirements: PhD or C.A.G.S in psychology with a focus in neuropsychology
Candidates should be open to alternative treatment of ADHD and other neurobehavioral disorders.
Email cover letter resume and 3 letters of reference to: email@example.com